Outstanding Learner Award Nomination Form
New this year! Three Outstanding Learner recipients will be chosen to receive a $250 Lucille Fischer Award. This award is offered to celebrate the memory and work of Lucille Fischer, who was a beloved Adult Basic Education (ABE) teacher and the first instructional supervisor for the St. Paul Public Schools ABE/GED program in 1970. Under Lucy's leadership, St. Paul became the first program in Minnesota to hold a GED graduation ceremony with caps and gowns. Lucy was also a founding member of the former professional organization, the Minnesota Association for Continuing Adult Education (MACAE). We are grateful to the leadership team of this former professional organization for making these three awards possible!
Criteria for Awards:
- Nominees must be learners who are currently active or who have been active within the past year.
- Strong candidates are learners who have:
- Made an impact on the adult literacy effort in a community or across Minnesota.
- Contributed unique, innovative or creative perspectives to their programs.
- Shown a commitment to the adult literacy community.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Nominees may have volunteered with a literacy program, however, this is not a requirement.
- Former winners of the Outstanding Learner award are ineligible.
- Nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 2, 2015.
If you have additional documentation for this nomination, please email, fax or mail them to:
Minnesota Literacy Council
700 Raymond Avenue, Suite 180
St. Paul, MN 55114
- Technology services
- Volunteer coordinator resources
- Host a VISTA
- Adult tutor trainings
- Award nominations
- Citizenship instruction
- MABE database guide
- Customized Children's Tutor Trainings
- GED 2014
- Journeys Reading and Awards Ceremony
- Learner and Volunteer Outreach
- Northstar Digital Literacy Project
- Transitions to College