Journeys Reading and Awards Ceremony
Our Awards Ceremony and Journeys Reading is an annual celebration of the adult literacy community in Minnesota. The evening will include an awards ceremony where adult literacy students, volunteers, and community partners will receive awards recognizing their outstanding achievements. It will also feature student readings. Adult literacy students will read their original stories and poems, many of which are featured in Journeys: An Anthology of Adult Student Writing.
Thursday, May 22, 2014 at the Loft Literary Center
1011 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis 55415
6:00 pm Awards Ceremony: Learners, volunteers and community partners from across Minnesota will be honored for their exceptional dedication and leadership.
7:00 pm Student Readings: Learners enrolled in adult literacy programs throughout the state will read their stories and poems. There will be three separate reading rooms, featuring up to 60 readers. Readers do not need to be published authors in Journeys; all learners are encouraged to read. To ensure that all readers have the opportunity to share, please limit readings to three minutes per person.
8:00 pm Reception: Light refreshments will be served.
Advanced registration is required.
- All award winners, volunteers, learners, student readers, literacy program staff, their famlies and friends must register in advance.
- Participants may register individually or as a group.
- Literacy program staff who will be bringing readers and/or learners are encouraged to submit one registration as a group.
- Seating is first come, first served; please arrive early to choose your seats.
- Groups attending the reading will be seated together in the same reading room. Group size is limited to 20 people. If you would like to bring more than 20 people, please contact us.
- Participants may choose to attend either the Awards Ceremony, Student Readings, or both.