Awards Ceremony and Journeys Readings
Status messageSubmissions for this form are closed.
Our Awards Ceremony and Journeys Readings are celebrated annually with the adult literacy community in Minnesota. The evening will include an awards ceremony where adult literacy students, volunteers, and community partners will receive awards recognizing their outstanding achievements. It will also feature student readings. Adult literacy students will read their original stories and poems, many of which are featured in Journeys: An Anthology of Adult Student Writing.
THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2015 at the Loft Literary Center
1011 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis 55415 see map
6:00 pm Awards Ceremony: Learners, volunteers and community partners from across Minnesota will be honored for their exceptional dedication and leadership. 7:00 pm Journeys Readings: Learners enrolled in adult literacy programs throughout the state will read their stories and poems from Journeys. There will be three separate reading rooms, featuring a total of 60 readers. To ensure that as many readers as possible have the opportunity to share, please limit readings to three minutes per person.
8:00 pm Reception: Light refreshments will be served.
CALLING ALL STUDENT READERS!
- Students are encouraged to sign up to share their original stories and poems with an audience of peers, friends, family, literacy program staff and supporters.
- Teachers, coordinators and literacy program staff who plan to bring students to read and/or attend the event are encouraged to sign up as a group.
- Please limit the length of each reading to three minutes to allow as many students to read as possible.
- Readers who have published stories in the Journeys book will be given preference if a waiting list develops.
- Read the event FAQ's
- Learn about our Annual Awards and Journeys publication
- Watch videos of previous Journeys Readings
Contact Allison email@example.com or 651-251-9110
UPDATE: As of May 12, we have filled to capacity and can no longer accept additional RSVP's. We hope you can join us next year!